Beginning Sunday, June 7th, we will be meeting again in the church buildings for Sunday Services at 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. and Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. For the time being, no Nursery Class or Children's Church will be offered due to social distancing. Instead, families are encouraged to sit together. We are practicing social distancing, and are taking a number of measures to protect you in this first phase of reopening. For more details, see below.
STAGE ONE: PLAN FOR REOPENING CHURCH AFTER CORONA VIRUS SHUTDOWN
- We have provided masks and gloves that people can use at the front and side entrances of the church. We are asking that people respect social distancing as they enter and exit the facilities.
- If you are uncomfortable meeting with us, we will still be doing a Facebook Live Service on Sunday Nights, and the Wednesday Night Service will continue on Zoom to provide a Small Group option for you. If you need a link or login information to participate, let the pastor know.
- A thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the sanctuary and entrance will be done before our services each week. Doorknobs and bathrooms will be given special attention. Soap and sanitizer will be available in the bathrooms.
- No Nursery or Children’s Church will happen at first. Families can either sit together in the service or watch from home during the Facebook Live Service. This will protect our kids and families and preserve social distancing.
- No Choir will be singing or practicing due to social distancing, and no welcome time will be included to lessen interaction between people.
- We will be opening the Sunday Morning Service, Sunday Evening Service, and Sunday School starting June 7th. We will meet at the old times, 9:45 a.m. Sunday School, and 11:00 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. for the worship services. Check with your teacher to see when your Sunday School class will be opened specifically. Some of our teachers are still quarantining. If you would like to meet with another class until your class opens, please call us at the church so that we can make plans for increased capacity. Since we are social distancing, we may have to tweak our plans if additional people come to a class not expecting them. Wednesday night services will continue to be done through Zoom for a while. We will put marks every six feet on the walls or floors of our Sunday School classes so that you will know distances for social distancing. A couple of our classes will be meeting in alternative locations since their current rooms do not provide enough space for social distancing. Check with your teacher for further information.
- We will not be counting, doing the class attendance books, or giving during Sunday School. Our Sunday School Office will be closed, except as a place that teachers can pick up materials.
- During our Sunday Services, every other pew will be blocked off. This is for the purpose of social distancing. Some painters tape will be used to mark how far the six-foot distance is, so that people can remain at a safe distance from others on the pews.
- The night deposit box, mailing option, and giving online at southclintonbaptist.org will be still be available for offering options. We will not be passing the offering plate.
- Any available greeters will stand six feet back to greet people rather than shaking hands. No bulletins will be distributed. Doors will be propped open as people enter and exit. The Security Team representative will also be six feet back for social distancing unless there is a security issue to handle.
- The pastor will not be greeting people as they exit for the sake of social distancing.
- The Lord’s Supper will be delayed for a while.
 Half capacity for our church is 166 people. If we have additional people coming due to Corona Virus that exceeds this half capacity, we may do a second Sunday Morning Service in lieu of a Sunday Night Service.
 Our Facebook Live service will be moved to the Evening Service Time slot rather than being in the morning.